AMERICAS IN-PERSON AND HYBRID EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
These terms and conditions of attendance (“Terms”) shall govern an attendee’s (“Attendee” or “you”) registration to attend a conference or event (“Event”) hosted by S&P Global Platts, a business unit of S&P Global Inc. (“Platts”), a New York corporation with offices at 55 Water Street, New York, New York 10041, United States.
- FEES — All fees for Event registration (“Fees”) are quoted and payable to Platts in United States dollars by bank transfer or by credit card, in cleared funds, by the earlier of (i) within thirty (30) days following Platts’ date of invoice to Attendee; or (ii) prior to commencement of the Event. Fees may also be paid by check provided that the check has been received and cleared by Platts prior to commencement of the Event. The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that it will be responsible for the payment of any bank fees or other administrative charges which are levied in respect of the Fees and that any such charges will be in addition to the amount of Fees payable to Platts. In consideration of payment of the Fees, Attendee shall receive all documents, written materials, hospitality and refreshments made available to Attendees at the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, Fees do not include Attendee transportation to, or accommodation at, the Event. Failure to pay the Fees by the required date will result in the Attendee being deemed to have cancelled their registration.
- TAX — The Fees and charges quoted are exclusive of all applicable value-added, sales, use and similar taxes. All payments made by the Attendee shall be made free and clear of, and without deduction or withholding for taxes imposed by any governmental authority.
- DISCOUNTS — Discounts or promotional offers cannot be combined unless otherwise stated, must be applied at the time of original registration, and cannot be applied retroactively. Verification of discount eligibility may be required.
- PLATTS DISCRETION AS TO ATTENDANCE — Platts reserves the right to refuse an Attendee’s admission to the Event, at its sole discretion. In the event that Platts refuses admission to an Attendee who has registered for an Event, Platts will refund the pro rata portion of any unearned Fees paid by that Attendee.
- SUBSTITUTION — Each Attendee registered to attend the Event is entitled to one (1) transfer of their Event registration between their organization’s employees provided that the Attendee notifies Platts by email to [email protected] by at least two (2) Working Days (as defined in the ADDENDUM) before the first day of the Event.
- ATTENDEE CANCELLATION — The Attendee is entitled to cancel any one or more of the Event registrations it has made by serving written notice to Platts, by email to [email protected], at least thirty (30) Calendar Days before the first day of the Event, in which case Platts shall refund the Fee for such registrations. If cancellation notice is served by the Attendee less than thirty (30) Calendar Days before the first day of the Event, the Attendee is not entitled to receive any refund of Fees already paid.
- PLATTS CANCELLATION — Platts is entitled to cancel the Event by email notice to the Attendee (a) for any reason twenty one (21) Calendar Days before the first day of the Event or (b) for reasons of Force Majeure (as defined in the ADDENDUM) at any time. Platts’ liability for such cancellation is limited to a refund of the Fees already paid by Attendee at that time.
- EVENT PROGRAM — Platts reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the advertised Event program, agenda, and to the list of speakers and presenters at any time and without prior notice.
- NOTICES — All notices required hereunder shall be served by email to (i) Platts at [email protected] and (ii) the Attendee at the address provided by/on behalf of the Attendee when registering for the Event. Such notice shall be deemed served on the first Working Day after the day upon which it can be shown it was sent to the correct email address if no message failure notice has been received in such regard.
- LIABILITY — NOTWITHSTANDING ANY LOSSES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PLATTS EXCLUDES ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT WHATSOEVER SHALL PLATTS OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, TRADING LOSSES, OR LOST TIME OR GOODWILL, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. The Attendee shall indemnify and hold harmless Platts, its affiliates and Platts’ employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents from any and all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal expenses and court costs) arising out of or in relation to (i) any bodily injuries or harm or property damage caused by Attendee or any of its personnel in connection with the Event, (ii) the breach of this agreement by the Attendee or (iii) the negligence or willful misconduct of the Attendee.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that all Event materials, documents and any other literature provided prior to or during an Event (“Materials”) remain the sole exclusive property of Platts and/or its licensors. Each Attendee acknowledges and agrees that no copying, recording or re-distribution of the Materials, or any part thereof, is permitted unless otherwise authorized by Platts in writing.
- RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY PROHIBITED — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that photography, filming and recording are prohibited during all Event sessions and throughout the Event, except with permission of Platts and the person(s) being recorded or filmed. If permitted, photographs, audio, or video taken during the conference may only be reprinted, copied, submitted, posted or uploaded to the internet in accordance with the requirements outlined in clause 14 of these Terms.
- USER GENERATED CONTENT — The Attendee:
- warrants that any content that is submitted, reprinted, copied, posted or uploaded on social media will not infringe privacy rights, will not infringe copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights or contain offensive, obscene, false or defamatory material;
- warrants that they have obtained the consent of any third party who appears, or is referred to, in any content that is submitted, reprinted, copied, posted or uploaded to the internet, including obtaining the written permission of the subject of a photograph or an audio or visual recording at the Event prior to uploading that picture or recording to the internet;
- agrees to indemnify Platts as set forth in Section 11 in respect of any loss or damage arising from claims brought by a third party alleging a breach of any of the warranties outlined in clause 14 of these Terms; and
- agrees to assign all intellectual property rights in any user generated content created by the Attendee at an Event to Platts and/or its licensors (as appropriate), including all permissions to enable Platts and/or its licensors to use such content as it sees fit, and to undertake all acts necessary in order to give effect to the assignment.
- NO PUBLICITY — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that it must not use Platts’ names or marks in any publicity, advertising, public announcements, marketing materials, web sites or other materials without Platts’ prior written approval.
- LAW AND COURTS — This agreement and all matters arising out of or in connection with it in contract or tort are subject to the Laws of the State of New York and applicable United States federal laws without giving effect to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any courts located in the Borough of Manhattan in the City of New York in the State of New York and waive any claim of inconvenient forum.
- ANTI-TRUST COMPLIANCE — Platts is committed to full compliance with all applicable antitrust laws. Platts expects Attendees at each Event to be aware of, understand, and comply with all anti-trust laws and not to use any Event to co-ordinate their commercial activities. Any activity that could create an appearance of a restriction upon or a distortion of competition must be avoided. Platts reserves the right to ask delegates, who it believes do not comply with anti-trust laws, to cease and desist and/or to leave any Event.
- SEVERABILITY AND INCONSISTENCY — If any provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall not be affected or impaired and the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT — This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and representations between the parties.
Force Majeure means any circumstance not within Platts’ reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake, severe or adverse weather conditions, or other natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat or preparation of war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any law or action taken by a government or public authority, fire, explosion, collapse of buildings or accident, labor or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts and interruption or failure of utility services.
Working Days means working days observed by the United States. Contact the Americas customer service team by email at [email protected] for further information.